When considering building a new high-performance home an Expert Consultation with Elrond Burrell is the first step. Here’s why:
- To obtain a registered architect’s opinion on the feasibility of building a high-performance home.
Elrond Burrell is NZ’s leading Passive House expert, he will know.
- To produce an outline brief detailing rooms, sizes, functions, orientation, etc..
- To discuss the ‘look and feel’ you’d love for your home
- To discuss what makes a home comfortable and high-performance
- To discuss the planning viability
- To give outline construction costs or guidance on what your budget can achieve
- Optional extra: to visit your section and discuss the best siting, views and orientation for a high-performance home
- Takes place in your home during office hours
- All travel expenses included for the Wellington region
(For other areas, travel expenses charged at cost)
- You will receive a written report
- Report includes schedule of services & fee proposal for the next stages of your project
- Expert Consultation cost credited to account on progression to the next stage
Choosing an architect for a high-performance home isn’t easy.
You need someone you feel is the right fit for you as your future home is at stake.
Plus, they need the technical skills to design a high-performance home (no green-wash!)
In our experience, an Expert Consultation is the best way to find these things out and to fully understand what you’re looking for.
If for some reason, we’re not the right fit, you are free to take the report to someone else for them to continue the process.
How much does an Expert Consultation cost?
90-minute Expert Consultation: $525.00 +GST
Optional Extra: 30-minute visit to your section: $175.00 +GST (travel expenses may apply depending on the location of your section.)